Written on Thursday, Mar 14, 2019
Do’s and Don’ts for Curing Your Mouth Ulcer
Curing Your Mouth Ulcer – Having an ulcer is an experience that most of you must have faced at one point or the other in your lives. And if you did have it at some point, you might not have forgotten your painful experience when you had to limit your eating and speaking as the pain was unbearable.
An ulcer in the mouth is like a cut or a scrape that can also occur on your lips, gums or tongue. One interesting thing to note is that contrary to common perception, smokers barely ail from mouth ulcer.
So, what causes a mouth ulcer? Usually, it is caused when you bite your own tongue accidentally or when your body has deficiency of vitamins and water. Oral blister or a mouth ulcer can also result due to overexposure from sun’s heat. Here is a comprehensive list to help you in curing your mouth ulcer.
Dos and Don’ts
- You should drink plenty of water. You should preferably go for plain water. Just make sure that you carry enough water wherever you go.
- Rush to your nearest drug store.
- Try to indulge into all those activities that can result in lot of sweating so that you will feel like having more water.
- Since drinking coffee can increase your body’s temperature, you should avoid taking it.
- Try to chew and eat your food slowly as you would hate to have fresh blisters.
- Do not eat a sour fruit since it constitutes a high ratio of salt that can dehydrate your body.
- Finally, you need to be patient. It will take about two days for your new blister to grow bigger. The sore’s surface area may initially expand and after reaching the pick, it starts shrinking slowly.
We hope this list helps you in Curing Your Mouth Ulcer. Contact us to schedule your next appointment.