Healthy Home Dental Care Routine – Taking care of your teeth in between trips to the dentist is just as important as scheduling semiannual dental cleanings. Are you are having trouble staying on top of your oral health? Carolina Dental Arts is here to help.
Here are some easy-to-follow tips to help you get the most out of your home dental routine:
- When brushing your teeth, always brush in a small, circular motion.
- Don’t forget to brush the outer and inner surfaces of each tooth.
- Brush your tongue to help freshen your breath and remove any bacteria from your mouth.
- If you are not a fan of regular toothbrushes, try using an electric toothbrush. They can remove plaque and are easy to use.
- When flossing, we recommend wrapping about 12 to 16 inches of floss around your finger and leaving two inches between your hands to use on your teeth.
- Always use a sawing motion when flossing your teeth.
- If you have trouble using regular floss on your teeth, try floss holders will be a part of your Home Dental Care Routine.
- If you can’t floss or brush your teeth after a meal, rinsing your mouth out with water is a good alternative.
- To avoid bad breath, drink a lot of water and snack on healthy fruits and vegetables.
Schedule an Appointment with One of Our NC Dentists
At Carolina Dental Arts, our North Carolina dentists are here to help you keep your teeth clean all year long. For tips on home dental care or if you need to schedule a teeth cleaning, reach out to one of our dentist offices today. Thanks for reading our article about “Healthy Home Dental Care Routine”. Lastly, We look forward to helping you at home and at the office!