Written on Friday, May 27, 2016
TOP TEN TOOTHPASTES
Our Favorite Ten Toothpastes
Looking for the best toothpaste that will keep your teeth clean and bright? At Carolina Dental Arts, we offer comprehensive dental care for the whole family. If you’re unsure about which toothpaste brands are the best, looking for the best whitening toothpaste or fluoride-free toothpaste, try these suggestions the next time you’re at the store.
- Colgate. One of the most iconic of all American brands, Colgate makes a plethora of teeth whitening products and fluoride toothpaste, as well as soaps, personal products and detergents. Colgate has been around for many years, is popular with consumers and is recommended by dentists around the world
- Crest. Another well known brand, Crest, offers a wide array of options, including whitening toothpaste, tartar build-up protection and flavored toothpaste for children.
- Sensodyne. If you or a loved one has sensitive teeth, Sensodyne might be just the brand for you. This toothpaste is specially designed to help lessen the pain associated with tooth sensitivity, as well as protect tooth enamel for adults and children.
- Arm & Hammer. Characterized by that familiar bulging bicep, Arm & Hammer is a natural toothpaste brand that uses baking soda instead of fluoride. In addition to non-fluoride toothpaste, Arm & Hammer offers a variety of whitening toothpastes and toothpastes that make teeth stronger.
- Aquafresh. Originally spelled as Aqua-Fresh, this brand has provided oral health products since 1973.
- Close-Up. First introduced in 1967, Close-Up is made by Unilever and is flavored with cinnamon. It was the very first gel toothpaste offered to the public and is targeted to a younger audience.
- Aim. Another good choice for tartar protection, Aim is offered in a variety of flavors, including cinnamon and mint. It’s also one of the best-selling toothpastes for fighting cavities.
- Pepsodent. A great choice if you’re trying to eliminate plaque buildup, whiten your teeth and strengthen your enamel. Pepsodent incorporates ingredients like sassafras, giving it a minty flavor.
- Tom’s of Maine. If you’re looking for a natural toothpaste with animal-friendly ingredients, Tom’s of Maine is flavored with fruits and herbs. It’s also great if you have dry mouth or tooth sensitivity.
- Peelu. For an organic, fluoride-free approach to cleaning and whitening your teeth, try Peelu (it’s name is taken from the Peelu plant). Choose from natural flavors such as cinnamon, spearmint and peppermint.
While you might not always find everything you need in one toothpaste, these brands might help you narrow down your shopping list. For more suggestions and quality NC dentistry, visit Carolina Dental Arts. We offer comprehensive dental care and treatment for patients of all ages.
Carolina Dental Arts provides exceptional dental care for patients in Goldsboro, Morrisville, Charlotte – Blakeney, Charlotte – South Park, Durham and Raleigh, NC.