Treat Sensitive Teeth – Do you find it painful to drink hot tea or eat ice cream due to your teeth sensitivity? Teeth sensitivity, which is caused by enamel wearing away on the outside of the tooth, is a common dental issue expressed by many of our patients.
Treat Sensitive Teeth with These At-Home Tips
At Carolina Dental Arts, we suggest trying the following tips that can help reverse the effects of teeth sensitivity.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Using a harder toothbrush can lead to receding gums, and exposing the sensitive tissue that make up each tooth and can become painful.
- Brush your teeth the right way. Brushing your teeth in a back-and-forth motion can cause your gums to recede. We recommend holding your toothbrush in a 45-degree angle and brushing your teeth in a circular motion.
- Keep track of what you eat. Instead of drinking acidic beverages like coffee, wine, fruit juice or soda, try eating and drinking tomatoes, water and citrus fruits.
- Brush your teeth with warm water. If you brush your teeth with cold water, it could irritate your teeth. Brushing with warm, not hot, water will help you feel better.
- Reduce your use of at-home whitening treatments. We recommend using at-home whitening treatments no more than once every six months. This will help decrease the pain you feel from tooth sensitivity.
Visit Carolina Dental Arts for Tooth Sensitivity Treatment
Have you tried the above tips and are still experiencing tooth pain? Schedule an appointment at Carolina Dental arts for efficient treatment. Our NC dentists can help decrease your tooth sensitivity in no time.