What are Snap-in Dentures?
It is estimated that around 120 million Americans have lost at least one tooth. The report shared by the American College of Prosthodontists also states that nearly 36 million people have lost all their teeth. People opted for traditional dentures before to tackle missing teeth or tooth decay problems. However, they are slowly losing popularity as people are now choosing modern snap-in dentures instead of traditional ones. These dentures are popularly known as implant-supported dentures as well. People prefer this solution over traditional dentures because snap-in dentures have many benefits. Mentioned below are a few:
The benefits of snap-in dentures
- If the dentures do not apply sufficient pressure on your jawbone, you might not be able to bite at full force. Your biting force hugely influences how well you can chew your food. When you cannot exert sufficient force, you will not be able to eat certain foods. Snap-in dentures are designed to ensure your biting force is not affected. Modern dentures can exert a bite force 300% higher than traditional ones.
- If you do not clean your dentures for a long time, they will become unhygienic. Thankfully, the snap-in dentures you get at Carolina Dental Arts are easy to clean. You can take them out at the end of the day for cleaning.
- It can be quite embarrassing if your dentures suddenly fall out of your mouth in front of others. However, you do not have to worry about snap-in dentures slipping out of your mouth during a conversation or meal. They stay perfectly fitted to your mouth.
- Since you will not have to worry about your dentures coming off, you will have peace of mind. You can talk and smile freely around others, allowing you to stay more confident at gatherings.
How do Snap-in Dentures function?
There are three ways snap-in dentures work. Here are they:
- The functioning of the snap-in dentures makes them different from traditional dentures. This is because these dentures are fitted to your mouth using orthodontic implants. First, these implants will be fitted to your mouth surgically at specific places by the experts at Carolina Dental Arts. They will act as posts and support the dentures, allowing you to remove them whenever required. However, the orthodontic implants installed in your mouth cannot be removed.
- There are other ways of installing snap-in dentures in your mouth. Magnetic dentures are becoming popular. A metal plate is installed with the orthodontic implants, allowing dentures to fit magnetically.
- Another way of installing magnetic dentures is by only adding small magnetic connecting points to the implants. Instead of an entire plate, only these small connecting points hold the dentures in their place.
All three options effectively hold the dentures in the right place and ensure that they only come off when you intend to open them. You can opt for any option depending on your preferences.
Cost of snap-in dentures
Budget is always a crucial factor when you are opting for these procedures. Here is what you should know:
- Not all insurance policies cover snap-in dentures. You must check with your insurance service provider before making the decision. It is an important deciding factor when you are on a small budget.
- There are a lot of factors that influence the cost of snap-in dentures. However, the most crucial factor is the number of dentures you need. The average price for two can come to around $6,000. You will be able to get a much more accurate estimation once you visit our experts at Carolina Dental Arts.
Caring for your snap-in dentures
You may get snap-in dentures made of various materials, but all the options require proper care to last. Only adequate maintenance can help to make the most of your investment. Mentioned below are a few tips that will help to keep the dentures clean:
- Some snap-in dentures are not screwed into the implants. You can easily keep them clean. Use a soft bristle brush to brush your mouth every day in the morning before wearing the dentures. This will keep your mouth bacteria-free. Also, brush and rinse the dentures so that food particles do not stay stuck.
- You can use a nonabrasive cleaner as well to clean the dentures. Carefully brush them with a soft bristle brush after applying the cleaner, which will easily eliminate unwanted particles.
- Always keep the dentures in a container filled with water when not in use, ensuring they stay bacteria-free.
What makes Snap-in Dentures different from traditional dentures?
There are plenty of differences between traditional dentures and modern snap-in dentures. Mentioned below are a few:
- The installation processes of both are different. Traditional dentures require suction or some kind of glue to stay in place. On the other hand, snap-in dentures are held in your mouth by installing implants.
- Your traditional dentures can get loose while performing various day-to-day activities like eating, talking, or drinking. The chances of snap-in dentures coming off loose are very small.
- The jawbone tends to weaken over time due to the lack of use because of traditional dentures. There are no such problems when you choose snap-in dentures.
- Traditional ventures can get loose and constantly rub against the gum line. As a result, your gums can get damaged over time. You do not have to worry about damaged gums when using snap-in dentures.
Snap-in dentures are a great solution for people with missing teeth or tooth decay. Just ensure that you visit a trusted doctor for the procedure. At Carolina Dental Arts, all our exceptional experts are well-trained and experienced in installing snap-in dentures. We will provide you with all the necessary assistance throughout the procedure and offer the best price. Contact our experts if you live in North Carolina and require snap-in dentures. We are located at four North Carolina locations; Raleigh, New Bern Ave, Glenwood South, Goldsboro, and Durham.